My avg HR was 154, nice and easy, and I pushed it a little at the end to leak at 174. I decided it would be a good idea to do weekly hour time trials, just to push it a little and push my fitness up a bit too.
This morning, at 6am, with the wind blowing a hoolie, and after me not being able to sleep until about 1am – it didn’t seem like such a good idea.
But I’d told everyone on my Facebook page that I was going – so I did. I didn’t manage it out for 630am, but I did make it out.
There were a few things that could have stopped me:
1. I couldn’t sleep so got up and eventually got to sleep at 1am (6 ish hours sleep). 2. Alarm went off at 610 and I snoozed it.
3. FG left all the lights off and shut he door (expecting me to lie in). 4. My workout wasn’t preloaded on my Garmin so I had to load it on.
The aim of a distance trial is about like stone trial, only that a time trial has a set distance, and you try to beat your time. I prefer distance trials, where you run for a set time, and try to beat your distance.
Last week, I just ran steady 1 hour, so my aim was to beat 7.15 miles.
– I warmed up for 10 minutes,
– Then ran fast for 1 minute
– Recovered (jogging) for 1 minute
– And recovered or finished off the run, with 10 minutes running.
After all that, I did manage to run further in an hour… just by 0.01 miles! Oops. I’m blaming the wind and the mess up of the intervals at the start.