I’ve progressed my exercises, and built up my runs steadily, being careful not to overdo it (like my runway brain wants to). Here’s what I’ve done the last two weeks (although I’m not running tomorrow as it’ll likely by me too icy, so gym for the bike and exercises it is):
And on the alternate days I’ll maybe cycle, and do these exercises….
– 90 90s / child pose stretches
– Pigeon stretches / hip flexor stretches
– Hip raises
– Hip CARs es
– Foam roll / ball into glute
– Squats 22kg x40 (focus on form)
– Reverse lunges 2x8kg x25-30
– banded clam shells (knees) x30es
– banded step walks (ankles) x50
– Single leg squats hips x30es (focus on form)
Then my next and penultimate physio session is in 2 weeks on the 17th Dec. All going well – the pain seems to have gone, and now I just need to be careful to ease back into it all in the next few weeks up to Christmas!
It’s amazing what your body can do if you guide it and put the work in.