Back in December, we went to the Glasgow Science Centre and went to the planetarium for the first time.
I’ve always loved the stars, and I miss them now that I’m in the big bad city…
Back in December it was great to be reminded of some of the stars and constellations, and to learn about some of the planets and the universe. It is well cool in that planetarium! 🙂
Anyway, this month, I saw this come up:
The Universe for Beginners: Planetarium Adult Education Classes, and I thought I’d sign up. 🙂
Running on Tuesday night in May, the topics the course will cover include:
- The Night Sky: stargazing for beginners and what to look for over the course of the year
- The Solar System: a tour of the fascinating planets and moons of our corner of the cosmos
- The Life and Death of Stars: how are stars born, and how do they end?
- Life in the Universe: the hunt for extra-terrestrial life
- Galaxies and Nebulae: searching for beautiful star-clusters, violent nebulae, and distant galaxies
- The Big Bang: a journey back in time to the beginning of everything
- There’s no formal assessment or homework; simply come along to marvel at the beauty of our universe, and relax under the glittering stars of our planetarium.
I’m really looking forward to it!
(Maybe I’ll meet a Martian or two?!)