I made some very tasty and healthy pancakes, a la Matt Fitzgerald’s Racing Weight cook book. Packed full of protein and carbs, with no flour in sight.
(I changed the recipe slightly, by using the full eggs – why waste the yolks eh?, and added some protein powder).
– 4 eggs
– Oats (the same amount roughly)
– Low fat Cottage cheese (half the amount)
– 1 scoop of Total breakfast Protein powder
Mixed in my blender until smooth
Then I added:
– A tablespoon of baking powder
– 2 heaped tablespoons of chopped walnuts.
Then with some oil in a pan, on a moderate heat, I made 3 pancakes (probably could have made 4 thinner ones).
I even managed to flip them!! 😉 (excuse the pjs!)
Tasty. 🙂 (full of fuel and very filling!)
For you, just in time for Pancake Tuesday!
Ps: Don’t tell Fit Girl that there’s cottage cheese in them as she thinks she doesn’t like it!