So I was thinking I’m liking my Oaty Nutty Porridge in the morning, but I thought I could maybe adapt it to include eggs and tomatoes, instead of oats (more protein, less carbs) … so it’d be Nutty Fruity Eggs….
Here’s how to make it:
In an airtight container the night before:
– 2 teaspoons of ground flax seed
– 2 teaspoons of ground / chopped cashew nuts
– a small handful of chopped almonds
– a small handful of sultanas
– 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
– 2 generous teaspoons of low fat geek yoghurt
– half a cup of coconut milk
– a dash of cinnamon
Stir, and store it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning:
– add 2 eggs and beat
– add a few thin slices of banana
– stir and then microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway
(cook for longer if the eggs need it)
– taste and add a sprinkle cinnamon on top if you want.
I’ll try it at the weekend and let you know how it is. 🙂