I’ve signed up to a regular email from Greatist Daily Fitness and today I received a link to a good article:
Here are their tips for making a good smoothie:
- Make sure to pour in liquids first (it’s easier on the blender).
- Start from the lowest speed and work up to higher speeds once the mixture smooths out. Add ice last, and use as much or as little as you’d like. We suggest three cubes for each smoothie, but it’s perfectly okay to add more and make it a little slushier to achieve a creamier texture.
- Some of our smoothies use cow’s milk, or dairy free subs like almond, soy, hemp, and rice. Pick your favorite, or make a mixture of your own!
- If you’ve got leftover smoothie hanging in the blender, divvy it up into an ice cube tray for easy blending the next time.
- Top smoothies with fresh fruit, seeds, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut for a texture change.
- Freeze fruit for a thicker consistency. Chop it up for easier blending.
- If you’d rather not sip it, try your smoothie from a bowl, with a spoon.
Go here for their 54 smoothie recipes…and here for some older posts from me:
Right now my current smoothie / shake is:
Choconanna Coffeenut Shake
1 banana crushed up (sometimes I leave this out)
200mls of coconut milk
200mls of iced coffee
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 x 70g scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
1 teaspoon of dextrose
Coconut milk tastes really nice and thin compared to dairy milk and I really like it. Yum!