Serves 4 (1500mls approx)
Curried Lentil stock
100g red lentils
1 tablespoon of Chinese curry paste
2 chicken stock pots
2 small leeks
Half an onion
1. Boil a kettle full of water.
2. Put lentils and 200mls of the boiled water in a pan, boil and simmer.
3. As its boiling add the chicken stock pots, curry paste and chilli powder to taste.
4. Cook/Simmer until lentils are cooked through (approx 15-20 mins).
5. Put the onions with a bit if oil in the Cuisineart soup maker. Set on 2 mins simmer.
6. Add the curried lentil mixture and some of the already boiled water (200-300mls).
7. Add the veg and set to 20 minutes on High.
8. Once boiling set to simmer for the remainder if the time. Stir throughout cooking time.
9. Check to see veg fully cooked.
10. Season and blend to required consistency.