I’ve not been training much over the last 3-4 weeks due to holiday and some extra time off when I came back… so it was a bit of a shock to get up this morning at 6:15am and it was dark. 😦
It seems I’ve missed the whole transition of the mornings going from being light … to being dark. (Although it was light by the time I came out of the gym at 7:30am, so I guess if I go running at 6:30am I’ll run to the sun rising which will be nice.) I like running as the sun comes up so I think I’ll do it on Thursday morning.
- Lifting heavy things in circuit format with limited rest to promote fat burn and formation of muscle to burn calories and look good.
- My aim is to work hard, get my heart rate up and lift heavy things to promote a hormonal shift and body fat burn.
- Where I usually do plyometrics with body weights, I’m trying to include additional weights to make me work even harder!
Here’s the workout I did: Body Shock Power Workout ONE:
Today I did:
- 3 sets of 4 exercises, repeated twice.
- With 24s of Squat to Press in between.
- The Plyo of each circuit was done for 1 minute each, then I did around 12 reps for each exercise after that.
- For the Abs circuit I did 4 exercises for 30 secs each, with 6 secs recovery.
The exercises were as in the graphic above, and the Abs circuit was:
- Bench Jump Overs
- Burpees with 2 x 8kg weights
- Suicide Drills (with a 12.5kg dumbbell)
- Down the middle woodchop / sledgehammer (with a 12.5kg dumbbell).
I think I could have worked harder on the Plyo exercises so I’ll have a think to see how I can push it more (with jumps etc) in the next strength workouts I do.
Hopefully I won’t be too sore after all of that. We’ll see. 🙂
Here’s my HR graph:
Did you, or are you doing a strength workout today?