On the Tuesday before we went on holiday I went for a PT session with Gordon, mainly to let me see how to push myself more during my gym sessions but also to give me some ideas of how best to get the most efficient workout from my gym visits.
Aim of session: Cause hormonal shock to promote fat burning and body shock.
5 min cardio warm up on treadmill: 10kph
(after I ran for 10 minutes to get there)
Then the session: working on full body hard work:
1. Deadlift (bent legged) 4 x 8 reps (heavy barbell weight 30kg – 43kg)
2. Kettlebell clean – 3 x 8 reps each arm (8 – 12kg until get form right – one to practice)
3. Kettlebell Press – 1 x 20 reps (2 x 8kg)
Back to it later – 1 x 20 reps (2 x 12kg)
4. Kettlebell Swing – 2 x 20 reps (12kg)
5. Stair climbs with Kettlebells – 1 minute – 2 x 12kg
6. Kettlebell pull ups – 2 x 8 – 12kg
Circuit of 4 exercises repeated twice:
1. Stair climbs with Kettlebells – 4 reps – 2 x 16kg
2. Olympic bar single shoulder press with twist – 10 – 12 reps each arm – 10kg plus bar
3. Olympic bar bent over row – 10 reps – 15kg Plus bar
4. Olympic bar bombs (side to side) – 20 reps – 10kg plus bar
Then a bit of core work:
1. Kettlebell Turkish get up – 8 reps, 16kg
2. Cable pulls / tornado chop – 2 x 10 reps (hit Gordon in the face then slowly control cable back to place, arms out in front like a cage).
It was a good session and I worked harder than I have in a gym in a while. I’ve been using (body weight) Plyometric work to push my heart rate up when in fact I should be able to use weights to push my body further.
After it I had a protein shake and a shower and then went for lunch.
I’ve has a think about some new, what I’m going to call my new ‘Body Shock Power Workouts’ and will be posting them soon as part of my Super Lean Regime. 🙂
For more about Kaizen Active (and the wonderful Gordon) go here:
Get Fit, Lose Weight, Feel Great!