I had to laugh at this… it’s a calculator on the BBC website which can tell you if you are a healthy weight and how you rate against others globally.
The test is here: Where are you on the global fat scale?
Using your age, sex, nationality, height and weight, it will come up with a number representing your BMI. It then plots your BMI and shows how you compare to other people from your own and other nations. I’m right at the bottom…
I have to say it’s a bit misleading as BMI isn’t a measurement of fat, it’s an old fashioned measurement of weight versus height, which gives you an idea of whether your weight is healthy or not.
- Measure of weight relative to height
- Calculated by weight in kilogrammes divided by height in metres squared.
- A BMI of less than 18.5 is underweight
- A BMI of 18.5-25 is ideal
- A BMI of 25-30 is overweight
- A score of 30 or above is obese
Nevertheless I think it’s still an interesting wee calculator. 🙂
I just wish I was more like a Kenyan, instead of an Ethiopian. 😉