Well tonight is the first meet of Kaizen Runners… I’ll be leading a group of runners with the aim for them to run a 5k in 6 weeks time!
I’m very excited. It’ll be a great for me to share my liking and knowledge of running and I’m sure it will be very rewarding too. 🙂
Zero to 5K: Wk1, Run 1
Tonight it’s the first introduction to walk run… so it will be a:
- 5 minute warm up, then
- 1 minute of running and 1 minute of walking… ten times.
- Then there will be a 5 minute cool down and some stretching!
Kaizen Active is based in the Marriott Hotel smack bang in the middle of Glasgow. Close to the Clyde and about a mile from Kelvingrove and Glasgow Green there are a few options for me to choose as our playground.
I did some recce runs on Sunday, Clydeside and Kelvingrove (8.5 mile all together)… and I had toyed with the idea of running to and around Kelvingrove tonight, but I think I’ll stay safe and run around the Clydeside instead. 🙂
This should be around 2.5 miles:
I know the area well and there aren’t too many road crossings.🙂
Not your average running course🙂
The people who have signed up for the Kaizen Runners course will get quite a bit more than just a few runs in the park / around the Clyde… :-)
Here are some of the things they’ll get:
- A 6 week training plan, with 2 coached sessions and 1 on their own.
- 12 coached sessions.
- A detailed Kaizen Runners Beginners Guide to running.
- Kaizen Runner Motivational messages emailed direct to them, 3 times a week. 🙂
- Free parking, lockers, showers.
So far 15 have signed up, with some only doing Tuesdays and some only doing Sundays.
Did I mention I’m really looking forward to it? 😀