Help, I think I may have (another) problem!! And I can’t decide if it’s a bad problem or a good problem!
Have you ever seen the film ‘Limitless‘ wtih Bradley Cooper in it? (from 2011)
If not, here’s a trailer for it:
And here’s the film sypnopsisAn action-thriller about a writer who discovers a top secret drug which bestows him with super human abilities. The experimental drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the perfect version of himself, forces more corrupt than he can imagine mark him for assassination. Out-of-work writer Eddie Morra’s rejection by girlfriend Lindy confirms his belief that he has zero future. That all vanishes the day an old friend introduces Eddie to NZT, a designer pharmaceutical that makes him laser focused and more confident than any man alive. Now on an NZT-fueled odyssey, everything Eddie’s read, heard or seen is instantly organized and available to him. As the former nobody rises to the top of the financial world, he draws the attention of business mogul Carl Van Loon, who sees this enhanced version of Eddie as the tool to make billions. But brutal side effects jeopardize his meteoric ascent…
Back to my ‘problem’ if I can call it that…
I think I may be suffering from ‘Extreme Idea Generator Overload Syndrome! 😉
Since Wednesday the 29th of February… (maybe it’s a leap year thing..?!?)……I’ve been coming up with LOADS of ideas.
1. Blog posts and tools
(to help people with their diet, exercise and training needs)
2. Ideas for what I want to talk friends and family about
(to discuss the possibilities of life).
4. DIY solutions and things I need to do at work and home.
5. The possibilities my life has, and what and where I might want to be.
(this one is a bit deep and I’m thinking perhaps life changing!)
My ideas and writings seem to be coming out in a bullet point, ‘To do list…’ type and very structured format.
I can tell you, it feels very strange indeed! I feel almost as if I’m on drugs! And before you ask… no I am not on drugs (apart from my usual multivitamin and fish oil). 😉
What are my symptoms?
1. Since Wednesday I’ve been functioning strangely well (work, training, life) on limited sleep, have been exercising as normal, and eating the same as normal. I haven’t changed much else in my daily or weekly routine. I’m not taking on any extra caffeine or other performance enhancing drug or steroids. 😉
2. I repeatedly urgently feel the need to capture every idea I have with the worry that I might forget what words and ideas I’ve come up with!! Ideas are flooding into my head at all times of the day, at home, at work, whilst I train – even tonight I woke up after having a dream about a really good idea! (It happens later on in this post you’ll notice if you read on.
3. Sometimes when I’m thinking, I can’t think of words to use when I know the sort of word I want to come up with. (I couldn’t think of the word urgently above and had to come back to it).
4. And my food intake has been weird. I’ve been snacking on food as usual in the morning, then it’s getting to 3 or 4pm and that I’ve been so engrossed in ideas or work that I realise I’ve not had my LUNCH yet!! That would never usually happen! By 12 o clock I’m usually starving and have to take my lunch sort of early (earlier than the usual 12:30 or 1pm). AND… I’m training a lot as usual, but even though I seem to be eating less than normal, I’m not feeling my usual hunger pangs.
….but it’s hard when I sometimes can’t capture them and worry I might forget them!
Here’s what’s been happening :
Wednesday 29th February:
- Stayed up to 2:30am (doing my Lorn Pearson Trains. Facbook page): I got 3.5 hours sleep.
- 5 blog post articles published.
Thursday 1st March:
- Stayed up to 2:30am (writing 5 or 6 blog posts I’d had ideas for: I got 3.5 hours sleep.)
- Heard the birds tweeting at 2:30am when i was still dark outside)
- Between Wednesday and Thursday I’d generated 18+ for ideas for my blog.
- 5 blog post articles published
Friday 2nd March:
- Went to bed 3 hours later than normal (1:00am).
- Woke at 4:30am after 3.5 hours of sleep…
…(is this standard now??!!)…
…after having a dream about an idea, which I had to hastily note down in my iPhone notes.
- Lay awake for 30 minutes, with more ideas popping up:
- Things I want to talk to my Dad about.
(I haven’t seen him and rarely spoken to him for ages as he’s been away on holiday for 6 weeks. I’ve really missed our chats and have LOADS I want to talk to him about.)
- Ideas for where I can store my two new pairs of trainers I’ve bought in the last month (lol!)
- Things I want ‘To do…’ over the weekend.
- So after capturing my ideas again, I decided I’d get up and write this!
- I’m meant to be up at 6:30am and it’s nearly that time now that I’m nearing the end of this post, it’s nearly that time already!
On Friday I generated about another 12 ideas (all written down now), and I thought I limited the number of blog posts I did… but there were…wait for it….
- TEN blog post articles published!!!
Eh??!! And that was on a day when I thought I had limited my blog post creations!! Aaaaaggghhhh!
So what do I recognise as changing in my life recently?
The only TWO changes in my life that I can think of are:
1. That I’ve recently almost recovered from a horrible 2 week cold/flu where I took 10 out of 12 days off as rest days from training, 2 days sick off work, slept 80% of the time when I could (ie when I wasn’t working), and where I endured snotters, sneezes, sweats, aches and tiredness.
2. On Tuesday 28th I took my last Terbinafine pill which I have been taking for 6 months to treat a fungal infection in my toe (which has now fully cleared up).
And another change is that:
3. It has recently clearly become lighter in the mornings and evenings, and Spring appears to have finally sprung! (no more SAD – seasonal affective disorder for me!?! ;-))
Oh and maybe another:
4. …. no wait… I’ve forgotten it… (see what I mean?!)….em….let me think….
(here’s where you’re thinking….’Is this girl crazy or what?’ … 😉 )
Oh yes, I remember…. 4. I recently bought a new notepad for work which is a really two page view pad, in a ‘To do list….’ style format. Perhaps the layout of the pad has got me to shift the way I think, generate and capture ideas somehow?
Posting ideas on blogs has never been easier
It’s sometimes so easy to put post on blogs nowadays. You don’t even need a computer.
You can just use your iPhone to create and publish a post in minutes! All you need to do is, with your iPhone:
- Take a photo/s (if you want)
- Create an email (with the photo/s)
- Write your blog post (or just send the photo with the blog post title in the subject)
- And email it to your blog to publish immediately!
Or you can do it via an email on your computer in the same way:
- Just create your blog post, pictures and media included.
- And email it to your blog to publish immediately!
You can do it anywhere, when you are:
- Walking to work.
- Sitting on a train / bus.
- In a shop.
- Watching telly on the sofa.
- On the toilet… (I can’t remember if I’ve done this or not – apologies for that one).
See what I mean about ‘Lists’?
So, what’s next for me?
I’m not sure if this new affliction is sad and annoying, or absolutely brilliant and maybe life changing?
I also can’t decide if I really like it and want it to stay, or whether I feel like at one point soon I’m going to overload and need to explode or burn out (or do something!) 😉
I’ve had 3.5 hours sleep for the last 3 nights and feel good on it… but how long might and can this continue?
What is the treatment for it?
Who knows? And do I even want this apparently ‘limitless ideas generation’ to stop or slow down?
What do you think, and have you enjoyed reading this post??
Now I need to get ready for my 8am run with Julie Ann. Fingers crossed I continue my out of the ordinary endurance and powers today eh?
Oh and I’m hungry now, but then it is my breakfast time. Now for my porridge and Chocolate Coffee Crunch Milkshake to give me energy for our long run!