Here’s the ingredients:
A splash of extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 small clove of garlic, sliced
300g carrot sticks (half a bag of carrot sticks from Tesco)
1 small sweet potato cut into large chunks
2 veg stock cubes (the liquid kind: in 1 litre of water)
Some grated ginger (about an inch squared)
Honey (I used a squirty one, not too much, 3-5 seconds worth maybe).
Here’s how i made it:
1. Set the Cuisineart Soup maker to Simmer for 2 mins.
2. Put a splash of extra virgin olive oil in it.
3. Add the diced onion and sliced garlic. Stir.
4. Add the 1 litre of veg stock.
5. Set the soup maker to 20 minutes (put on high for 2 mins, then low for the rest of the time)
6. Add the sweet potato, carrots and ginger. Stir intermittently as it cooks.
7. After a few minutes, add the honey.
8. Stir as it cooks and make sure by the end of the cooking time the large veg is much smaller.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
It made three large portions (about 450mls each). 😀