Thanks for supporting me in helping me raise so much money for a worthy cause. So far, with your help, I’ve raised over £900 for Breast Cancer Care.
It’s now 13 and a half weeks since I started training for the Lochaber Marathon which I’m going to run on Sunday the 10th of April.
I thought I’d let you know how I’ve been getting on.
I decided to run the marathon as a personal challenge for me and as a reason to raise some money for Breast Cancer Care. My friend was diagnosed last year, and she’s doing really well now. But some sad news is that someone very close to me has now been diagnosed. 😦
Another reason why I’m glad I’m running for this cause, and why I’m so grateful to you all for sponsoring me!
With your help I’ve managed to raise over £960 and I’m well on target to raise over £1,000!
- 405: the number of miles I’ve run so far.
- 30: the average miles I’ve run a week.
- 77: the number of people who have sponsored me. Thank you!!
- 600: the expected number of entrants to the marathon.
- 11am: the marathon start time.
- 4:05: the average hours and minutes it took female competitors to complete last years Lochaber Marathon.
- 293: my race number.
- 22.01: the longest training run I completed.
- 1: the number of times I got lost and ended up in a farmers field somewhere!
- 4: the average number of times I ran in a week.
- 38,500: the number of calories I burned through running this year (11lbs)
- 152: my average heart rate over my runs.
- £945.20: the amount of money you’ve helped me to raise so far!
If you’d like to donate again (!! :-O) or you know of anyone else who would like to sponsor me, please forward them the link to my just giving site: www.justgiving.com/lornrunsamarathon
Nearly there… 2 days to go and it will be marathon day! I’m getting excited now!!