At the start of 2010 I set myself a few challenges… or goals I wanted to complete. Some of them were exercised based and some not. Now I get to see how I’ve done and then I’ll reset my goals for 2011.
Here are the goals I set at the beginning of 2010:
1. Climb at least 2 Munros – Done – 4 – Ben Lui, Ime, Nevis, Vorlich.
2. 4 Half Marathons – Done. 2 (March – Clydebank, September – Glasgow) + full Marathon in November (plus many long runs!)
3. Mighty Deerstalker – Done. Never again!!
4. Standard Triathlon – Not done.
5. Train and improve on bike – did Spinfit all year which made improved cycling.
6. Swim at least once a week – Not done.
7. Training swims in open water – Not done (Great Scottish Swim cancelled)
8. Great Scottish Swim (1 mile open water) – Cancelled! – so Not done.
9. Aim for Marathon in 2011 – Done – Trained from Sept to November for marathon, plan ready for April 2010.
10. Trail Running – Not done.
11. Run 262 miles between 18/10/10 – 31/12/10. – Will do.
12. Give Blood 3 times – Nearly done – gave blood twice – need to plan it better in 2011.
13. Go to San Francisco – Done!
14. Save at least £350 a month – Done! (It’s all gone now though!! holidays and Christmas)
So… 14 goals… 8 completed…! I was injured for some of the year (April to May) but I seemed to have managed most of my running and Munro goals. I improved on the bike through Spinfit, but didn’t spend as much time out on the actual (outdoor) bike as I’d have liked.
I didn’t do any trail running, but I could blame that on my injury and the fact that I focussed more on road / marathon training. I also didn’t complete a Standard Triathlon, but again I’ll blame that on the injury and the last reason above.
I didn’t do a triathlon, and didn’t do an open water swim or training for it. The Great Scottish Swim was cancelled and I breathed a big sigh of relief! And as a result I didn’t train as much with the swimming but still kept at it over the course of the year. I reduced the amount I swim each time I go (from 3000m – around 2300m) to make it more manageable and enjoyable.
I managed to save £350 a month to pay for my holiday to San Francisco and Lanzarote and I gave blood maybe twice when I should have tried for 3 times.
Now, apart from the marathon in April 2011, raising money for a breast cancer charity for it, and training for the marathon… I wonder what my goals for 2011 will be?
Do you have any?