- 175,542 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Your competition ...
- 7 week Half Marathon plan
- 5/5 Top 10 ways to achieve your personal best
- Target Weight Calculator
- How to make your Garmin last 30 plus hours...
- 40 mile training plan
- Wk5 - 26.2M Gleniffer Braes and Pollok Park
- Garmin Training Effect
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
- Wk18 – Strength Workout
- Women’s 10k number arrived!
- Wk17 Summary – Wk18 Plan
- Wk17 – A clatter of a day up The Cobbler
- Rest & Fast day today
- Lighten the load: I’ll be just fine!
- Blow out time!
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Tag Archives: half
The following text is adapted from The Competitive Runner’s Handbook by Bob and Shelly Glover. If you buy ONE running book in your life… buy it. It has the answer to any question I’ve ever had about running, everything from … Continue reading
I’ve created a new Half Marathon page which holds all the links to the post I did for the three Half Marathons I did in 2011. Events > Half Marathons 2011 Enjoy.
All I seem to be doing this week is waiting to run and go on holiday and getting my ‘outfits’ ready. Not much training, I’m using the taper as an excise to ease off for a bit. Here is the … Continue reading
When I’m in Chicago the Chicago Half Marathon is on… (Sunday 11th September). I looked into it and it’s about $100 to enter (about £60). Whilst I would love to run an event in another country, I don’t think I … Continue reading
Great Scottish Run Half Marathon Pace Calculator I’m usually one for having a ‘pace strategy’ for races… I don’t tend to target a time, rather I see how my running has been in training and apply paces for mile splits … Continue reading
Tuesday night and I’d arranged to run with Alan and Cris from work. Cris is a bit of a speed demon and Alan is experimenting with increasing his distances and pace…so tonight might be a bit more of a challenge … Continue reading
I’ve got around 2 weeks before the Great Scottish Run half marathon and 10k I’m going to do at the start of September and here’s the plan of action. It’s a little more mixed up compared to normal…but here goes: … Continue reading
5 week, 10k and half marathon training plans I came across this question in a search engine term where someone ended up on my blog: i’m only running up to 8 miles for long run, i have 5 weeks till … Continue reading
Thursday night and I went home for Chicken Katsu… a lovely home made dish of breaded chicken with rice and chinese curry sauce on top. Yummy! I made sure I visited the loo, before going out for my run at … Continue reading