- 176,133 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- It's all falling into place
- Target Weight Calculator
- Metafit: Caught in the Rip
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Who turned the sun on?
- 7 week Half Marathon plan
- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
- Live simply
- Gadgets to count swimming lengths...
- How to make your Garmin last 30 plus hours...
- It’s all falling into place
- Live simply
- 8k in the sun this morning…
- Who turned the sun on?
- Get your blood racing
- Food prep Sunday & next week
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
- Wk18 – Strength Workout
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Tag Archives: energy
As regular readers may know, bagels are a staple of my diet. I eat one more or less every day, and have various toppings I use to make them taste really good. Bagels give me lots of energy to help … Continue reading
With the marathon season coming up, I thought I’d put some top tips together to help you get through the 26.2 miles that is the marathon. Some of it you’ll know already, and some of it might be new to … Continue reading
I was noticing that my Thursday Thought posts were becoming a bit of a regular, so I thought I’d set up a page to hold them all (and any future Thoughts posts). Here it is: Thoughts Also, I’ve been feeling … Continue reading
So I was thinking about my 20 mile run to Milngavie and back on Saturday. I’m considering my pace, what time I’ll leave and my energy for the run. My Pace I’m looking back to the marathon distance I did … Continue reading
Do you take Multivitamins? I do. Have done for years. Someone asked me the other day when I was running with her and I told her I take Centrum Performance Multivitamins daily. I think my Dad drummed it into me … Continue reading
Saturday was the second long run of my training for the Clyde Stride Ultra Marathon. 26 miles… Glasgow to Greenock along the national cycle network route 75, and I figured I might as well round it up to a marathon distance. … Continue reading
With my increase in training I think it’s about time I looked at my calorie burn… to make sure I’m taking in enough to cover the calories I’m burining. So far in 2010/11 my average weekly calorie burn has been … Continue reading
Thursday morning and after my 10 miles the night before… I wasn’t sure how I’d feel today, but I was ok. Up and at Bella for 630am to meet Gill. Gill had a cold last week so she wasn’t expecting … Continue reading
I read this article which has a few good pointers in it for running your first ultramarathon. Today I’m going to look at: Specificity of Training After the long run, the most important aspect in training for an ultramarathon is … Continue reading