- 176,532 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- To be: Super Strong Lorn!
- Folk can be funny
- It’s all falling into place
- Live simply
- 8k in the sun this morning…
- Who turned the sun on?
- Get your blood racing
- Food prep Sunday & next week
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Category Archives: Totals
Today I was surprised to find that this year so far, 24 weeks in, I have run more miles that I did in the first 48 weeks of the year in 2010! I was injured for about two months that … Continue reading
The gremlins seemed to have got me this morning… I was MEANT to go for a 4.3 mile run to Maxwell Park and back, but didn’t. I suppose I’m almost thinking like it doesn’t matter too much if I miss … Continue reading
I’ve got together the stats for 2010 and I did the following: Cycle: 893 miles, 65 hours, burned 48,388 calories Run: 734.8 miles, 109 hours, burned 78,186 calories Swim: 45.4 miles, 24 hours, burned 16,282 calories Walked: 250.5 miles, 91 … Continue reading
Up to this week this year (51 weeks) I’ve: Cycled: 900 miles, 64 hours, (22% of time), ave 14mph, 48,000 calories Run: 720 miles, 106 hours, (37% of time), ave 6.8 mph, 77,000 calories Swim: 60 miles, 25 hours, (9% … Continue reading
4 weeks from the end of the year and I’ve done the following this year so far: Last year, in June after a year of exercise I’d: run 646 miles (already run 683 miles including injury from Feb – May), … Continue reading
I stumbled across this article… which details research by Scottish Widows that states that ‘on average, people spend just 108 minutes exercising a week’… and that ’just under half of the population abstains for any form of exercise (45%)’. ‘Those that … Continue reading