- 176,162 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- It's all falling into place
- Metafit: Caught in the Rip
- Target Weight Calculator
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Who turned the sun on?
- 7 week Half Marathon plan
- Live simply
- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
- How to make your Garmin last 30 plus hours...
- Gadgets to count swimming lengths...
- It’s all falling into place
- Live simply
- 8k in the sun this morning…
- Who turned the sun on?
- Get your blood racing
- Food prep Sunday & next week
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
- Wk18 – Strength Workout
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Category Archives: Tabata
Heres a strength and fat burn workout for someone who wants to make the most of their workout time in the gym. Research has shown that high intensity interval training is good for burning fat and helps your body keep … Continue reading
This morning I went to the gym before work… I did two triple supersets of legs and shoulders… then decided I’d do a bit of tabata work on the bike. In case you don’t know, tabatas are high intensity interval … Continue reading
Strength training programs require constant adjustment throughout the year or you risk hitting plateaux. If you are new to strength training, such a plateau usually arrives after about six months of training. It happened to me after gym instructors showed … Continue reading
You’re ready to take on the battle of the bulge. You’ve got your diet plan down, but you’re not sure how much you should be exercising to lose weight. Two days a week? Three? Maybe six or even seven? My … Continue reading
I’ve always read and beleived that exercise is good for you. Exercise was always promoted to my by my parents and school and I’ve always taken part in extra curricular activities after school and outside my work life. Exercise is … Continue reading
Thursday morning and I met Gill again at Bella for 45 minutes of my Intense Interval Circuits. Here’s what we did: WARM UP – 30 secs each, 6 secs rest; 3 repeats of each set. (HIIT app set to 30 … Continue reading
My friend Gill has tasked me with coming up with an ‘abs’ circuit so that she can ‘lose her belly’ (not that she has one. but anyway…) I imagine she is expecting a circuit filled with crunches and sit ups … Continue reading
Monday morning didn’t start too well for me… once I managed to drag my ass out of bed, I walked out of the flat with my water bottle, gym pass and car keys. A few steps out the door I … Continue reading
Thursday morning and I’d arranged to meet Gill again at Bella for some circuits. I’ve not been settle dwith the circuits we’ve been doing and in the last two weeks I’ve been playing about with different exercises. The workout consists … Continue reading