- 176,452 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- It's all falling into place
- Folk can be funny
- How to make your Garmin last 30 plus hours...
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Insanity Workout
- Metafit: Caught in the Rip
- IT band rehab workout
- Metafit: Perfect Storm
- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
- Do I use Dioralyte on race day or not??
- Folk can be funny
- It’s all falling into place
- Live simply
- 8k in the sun this morning…
- Who turned the sun on?
- Get your blood racing
- Food prep Sunday & next week
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Monday night and I went straight to the pool after work. Fit girl picked me up after work and it was funny because we were both going to email each other during the day to ask if we wanted to … Continue reading
Part of proper running form on any type of terrain includes taking quick, compact and light strides. This component of running mechanics is especially crucial when train running. Stay light on your feet and try for a stride rate of … Continue reading
I think I might have my training plan of 1 week of lots of running miles, and the next week as recovery, spot on. Two days later, after my 4 hour run on Saturday, I feel rather tired today. I don’t … Continue reading
Saturday was my second long run of my Winter Ultra Run Challenge. It was going to be 12-13 miles from Milngavie and back: 24 – 26 miles along the West Highland Way. The weather was meant to be rain all … Continue reading
The weather on Saturday morning (29th October) is meant to be pouring rain (10′C ish) … although the forecast said that last week and it didn’t rain once! It will be my first proper run on the West Highland Way (as … Continue reading
I get a lot of people coming to my blog after they’ve searched on ‘how many weeks into 2011 are we?‘ … and I did this post earlier in the year to explain it: Popular Search Engine Terms #2 Here are … Continue reading
I’d been looking forward to my planned training for Thursday night all day: a 5 mile run and 45 minutes of Kettlebells. Then as usual, at about 4:45pm, my enthusiasm for the impending exercise waned a little and I had … Continue reading
Following on from my Teaching different levels of beginners how to swim, I thought I’d share some other points in relation to teaching swimming and how I provide motivation for those I teach. I’ve been teaching swimming for almost 10 … Continue reading
Wednesday night after work I went for a walk along the Clyde with FG before it got dark. We won’t be able to do it as of next week so we took the opportunity whilst we could. There was a heavy downpour at … Continue reading