- 175,489 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Your competition ...
- 7 week Half Marathon plan
- 5/5 Top 10 ways to achieve your personal best
- Wk5 - 26.2M Gleniffer Braes and Pollok Park
- Target Weight Calculator
- Garmin Training Effect
- 2/5 Top 10 Recovery Tips
- Do I use Dioralyte on race day or not??
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
- Wk18 – Strength Workout
- Women’s 10k number arrived!
- Wk17 Summary – Wk18 Plan
- Wk17 – A clatter of a day up The Cobbler
- Rest & Fast day today
- Lighten the load: I’ll be just fine!
- Blow out time!
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Well seeing I’m tapering this week… today year end… 31st March… I was at work for… 12.5 hours. Arg. Finishing something off that’s needed for tomorrow. I might run tomorrow morning, I’ll see how I’m feeling. But I have 8 … Continue reading
You may have heard of carbohydrate-loading (carbo-loading) and many runners presume that they ought to be eating lots of rice, potatoes and pasta before a competition that requires long-distance running endurance. What’s really important though is the type of running event … Continue reading
So… I know I need to stay hydrated on a run… and on e along run, I need energy too. My energy plans so far in training have included: Before: Porridge & 250mls Fresh Orange Juice. Caffeine Lucozade and Caffeine … Continue reading
Wednesday night and it was my 4th 10k with my friend who is trying to come back from injury and do a good 10k in May. It was a pleasant night, although it had been raining when I walked home. … Continue reading
Tuesday night = double spinfit. I didn’t go last week because of my cold, but this week I felt ok. I started on a course of Penicillin the Dr prescribed and so far I’m not feeling much better, but I’m not … Continue reading
Here’s the plan for this week, bearing in mind I’m still tapering (and trying to clear this cold)… Mon: 4M run easy Tue: Double Spinfit with Helen Wed: 10k run steady Thu: AM 5M fartlek/tempo Fri: Rest Sat: 8M long … Continue reading
Monday night and I kind of wasn’t in the mood for a run, but as usual, I was glad I went. I went to the Drs after work. My cold has been hanging around for a fortnight now… and although … Continue reading
One of my friends asked me if I knew any links to training plans for half marathons … of course I do… there’s the City Runs plans, the Runners World plans, the Jog Scotland plans, the Running Network plans, the … Continue reading
Miss a run by not wearing your Nike+ sensor? Or has your Nike+ sensor stopped part way through a run?? Or is your Nike+ reading for your run way out compared to your more accurate Garmin reading for that activity? … Continue reading