- 175,653 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- Food prep Sunday & next week
- 7 week Half Marathon plan
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Target Weight Calculator
- Metafit: Caught in the Rip
- My Garmin Training Effect Analysis
- How to make your Garmin last 30 plus hours...
- Run an Adventure
- Your competition ...
- Run an Adventure, for those who can't.
- Food prep Sunday & next week
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
- Wk18 – Strength Workout
- Women’s 10k number arrived!
- Wk17 Summary – Wk18 Plan
- Wk17 – A clatter of a day up The Cobbler
- Rest & Fast day today
- Lighten the load: I’ll be just fine!
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Monday night, I went straight to Bellahouston after work to meet a friend for a run. I’d been feeling hungry for most of the day, and I got my mid afternoon dip about 3pm. I met Paul just after I … Continue reading
Lets see if I can stick to this plan this week: MON: PM – 2M easy run, 45 mins circuits, 2M easy run TUES: AM – 4.3M in town, PM – Double Spinfit (not Helen) WED: PM – 45 mins … Continue reading
Sunday of week 8, the rest and recovery week and it was a gorgeous Spring morning. I figured after 3 days rest it would be a good time to do my 4 weekly 10k time trial. Covering most of the … Continue reading
Hey, I’m liking this rest week every 4 weeks where I get a week when I don’t really run long and choose how much or how little exercise I do. So far this week it’s been: Mon: 5.1M run, 1 … Continue reading
So… some of you may hate me for writing this… but I’m now at the lightest I’ve been since I can remember. 126lbs or 9 stone. I started running in June 2008 when I was 147lbs (10 st 7) and … Continue reading
Wednesday night and I decided I’d do my long run instead of doing it on Saturday morning. My long run this week was only planned to be 8 miles, so I’d do the usual 4 miles around the Clyde then … Continue reading
Usual Tuesday night – straight from work to Bellahouston for double Spinfit with Helen. I had a bit of a sore head when I started, thruogh maybe not eating enough snacks at work. I managed to plough some snacks into … Continue reading
Monday night and I decided I would up my circuits from 45 minutes to 1 hour. It meant 8 repetitions of 10 exerises, 30:15 secs work:rest ratio. A mixture of bodyweight and 12kg kettlebell exercises. Here are the exercises I … Continue reading
I’ve been considering my plan for energy intake and hydration for the half marathon and marathon I’ll be doing. I’ll of course be taking my water pack with me on both runs… 1 – 1.5 litres of water. Here’s the … Continue reading