- 175,509 - Thanks for stopping by!
Search my blog archivesWant to find out about a topic and can't find it on here? Put a word in the search bar below and see what info comes up!
Most Visited Posts
- Garmin activities won't upload to Garmin Connect - FIX
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Your competition ...
- 5/5 Top 10 ways to achieve your personal best
- 7 week Half Marathon plan
- Target Weight Calculator
- 40 mile training plan
- Wk5 - 26.2M Gleniffer Braes and Pollok Park
- Do I use Dioralyte on race day or not??
- 2/5 Top 10 Recovery Tips
- Your competition …
- Wk20 – 10M Pollok Park Adventure
- Muscle for Life: Guide to IF
- Sunset over Glasgow :-)
- Mangajo Iced Lemon & Green Tea
- Enforced Rest & some Fasts & Runs
- Finally… an alarm clock I like!
- Trip to Edinburgh Zoo
- Wk20 – Today I ran a 4.3M adventure
- Eat healthy, don’t go on a ‘diet’
- Run an Adventure, for those who can’t.
- Jack’s Army painted Glasgow Green!
- I run because…
- Women’s 10k: 12th May 2013 – What a Day!
- Women’s 10k Day in Glasgow!
- Too tough for my Nike Fuel Band!
- 14 pairs of trainers!
- Make the days count
- Scary stuff – aspartame
- Fuel for today
- You can’t buy happiness but…
- Rest and Fast Day
- 16k Nike Fuel Points!
- WHW photos
- Addicted to… Life?
- We walked the WHW in 3 days!
- Be silly and ridiculous
- Smile when it’s raining
- Days 1 & 2 on WHW over
- One day…
- 1 week of egg n bacon breakfasts
- Free Bag Carry and 1st Hotel for Free!
- How can they tell I’m a runner?
- Improve to be better than I was
- Packing for the WHW walk
- Dust if you must
- Snow on top… snow gone!
- 5 ways to burn fat
- Health benefits of running
- Pain in the neck, foot and everything else!
- 24hr fast completed
- Big brother Neil does it again
- Wk18 – Strength Workout
- Women’s 10k number arrived!
- Wk17 Summary – Wk18 Plan
- Wk17 – A clatter of a day up The Cobbler
- Rest & Fast day today
- Lighten the load: I’ll be just fine!
- Blow out time!
Lorn Pearson is a motivational and enthusiastic Running Coach and runner based in Glasgow. She has run all distances from short distances to 10ks, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons and wants to inspire and help others to take up and enjoy running as much as she does.
Lorn posts lots of helpful tips and information on her blog and on her Facebook Page. She also teaches swimming, and enjoys being active in many other forms of exercise including strength work, circuits, high intensity interval training, spinfit, swimming, hiking and hill walking.
Lorn has a very positive, energetic and fun outlook on life and hopes to inspire and motivate others to take up exercise, be positive, believe in themselves and be the best they can be. :-)
Tags5 10k bellahouston bike circuits clyde cold dark energy fast food gill glasgow gym half marathon highland Hills insanity long marathon miles morning park plan rain recovery route run running session spin spinfit strength sweat swim swimming training treadmill walk water weather weight weights west highland way workout
My journey to Insanity:
Monthly Archives: November 2008
I ran on the treadmill for an hour, watched the news, then listened to Now 71…when Mcfly came on i fast forwarded it..but the rest was ok. Felt good on the run. Then went on to do leg weights now … Continue reading
Went swimming at Tollcross tonight. Did 120 lengths in 1 hour exactly…my watch stopped on 1.00 exactly! I did 30 lengths non stop in 12 mins 53, and did the rest in bits. 20 lengths warm up FC. With Paddles: … Continue reading
I ran up to the local park today…really didn’t feel like it but dragged myself out of bed at 710am - not really been running much this week apart from Monday and Tuesday… When I got out it was icy underfoot..never … Continue reading
Well, I went to Halfords last night to take a look at bikes…and came across this one…the Boardman Performance Hybrid bike… Ideal for what I need, it has wheels, brakes and gears! Yey! I’m gonig to get it in … Continue reading
Went to the gym last night…my legs were still sore from Monday night weights, but still did: CYCLE: Level 6-9, 8.5 miles, 30 minutes, 350 calories. WEIGHTS: Upper. 15 x 6, 8 or 10kg, 60 minutes, 200 calories. CYCLE: … Continue reading
Maintained 135lbs…. 25.4% body fat, 54.3% water.
DId my usual 3.7 miles run this morning to the local park and back. Here’s a picture of my starting point – an empty cold street at 7am… Thought I would try to push myself, and with my little … Continue reading
Went to the gym tonight…did a bit on the treadmill then went on to do lower weights. Felt really good on the treadmill and did a PB for 30 mins – 6k. I did intervals, 1 at 12kph, the other … Continue reading
Oh no – I got my first sponsor today, from my very generous friend Kate – £20 – so it means i HAVE TO Do the triathlon now! I just need to start raising money from all of the … Continue reading